INFORMATION AND COMMUNICATION TECHNOLOGY DEPARTMENT
The functions of the Information and Communication Technology Department include:
- Provide operational support on ICT usage to Members and Staff, maintenance and enhancement of existing computer systems, servers and peripheral components.
- Develop, manage, enhance and support the Commission’s Local Area Network (LAN) infrastructure.
- Develop, manage, enhance and support the Commission’s Wide Area Network (WAN) infrastructure located at the State Offices of the Commission.
- Analyse and implement ICT-related Government Executive Orders.
- Formulate and implement the Commission’s I.T. Strategies.
- Coordinate the implementation of e-governance initiatives of the Federal Government.
- Recommend to Management, appropriate ICT hardware, software and consumables required by the Commission.
- Organise regular in-house ICT trainings in conjunction with the Administration and Human Resources Department to enlighten Members and Staff as well as offer support to externally arranged training.
- Development, and maintenan the Commission’s website.
- Prepare Departmental annual report and submission of same to the Planning, Research and Statistics Department on or before end of first quarter of the following year.
- Carry out any other assignment as may be directed by the Chairman or the Commission.