CRUDE OIL DEPARTMENT
Director: Ugwuezi Nwagbara Ngozi Uche
The Department has the following functions:
- Collaborate with Nigeria National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC) and its Joint Venture Contract (JVC) partners on the cost of Crude Oil production.
- Generate data on Crude Oil activities in the country.
- Carry out inspection of Crude Oil production and shipping facilities i.e. flow stations/platforms and jetties, etc.
- Develop and maintain a credible and reliable Crude Oil databank.
- Monitor metering facilities for random verification of quantities of Crude Oil produced and shipped.
- Monitor and report any production and shipping disruptions caused by communal disturbances or any other causes.
- In collaboration with relevant agencies, verify the locations of oil fields, wells, production flow stations and shipping jetties in the States and Local Government Areas.
- Liaise with NNPC and Department of Petroleum Resources DPR to reconcile production and sales of Crude Oil.
- Study and advice on all contract agreements in respect of Crude Oil production to ensure fairness to all parties.
- Carry out regular cost-benefit analysis and relate crude reserve target with OPEC quotas for Nigeria and in consultation with Federation Account Committee (FAC) to determine the economic returns on the investment funds being expended.
- Obtain, verify and attribute Crude Oil production figures on monthly basis from the Department of Petroleum Resources (DPR) in respect of the 13% Derivation to Oil and Gas producing States and pass such data to the Allocation Department.
- Prepare Departmental annual report and submission of same to the Planning, Research and Statistics Department on or before end of first quarter of the following year.
- Provide administrative, technical and professional support to the Crude Oil Monitoring Committee (COMC).
- Perform other duties/functions that may be assigned by the Chairman or the Commission.