FINANCE AND ACCOUNTS DEPARTMENT
Finance and Accounts Department is saddled with the responsibility of managing the funds of the Commission. In carrying out this assignment, the department performs the following functions:-
- Maintain vote Books to record all financial activities of the Commission as contained in the Authority to Incur Expenditure (AIE).
- Raise/Prepare payments and advances vouchers based on the approval in the relevant Vote of Charge.
- Prepare transcripts, bank reconciliation statements, expenditure analysis and submission of returns to the Office of Accountant General of the Federation on monthly basis.
- Ensure prompt retirement of all personal advances granted to Staff.
- Prepare of monthly salaries for Members and Staff of the Commission, issuance of Pay slips showing detail explanation of their entitlements and deductions as well as update of the National Housing Funds passbook.
- Prepare of annual budget of the Commission
- Budget performance evaluation.
- Render financial services to the Staff of the Commission.
- Prepare Financial Statement of the Commission.
- Render financial advice to the Commission.
- Prepare Departmental annual report and submission of same to the Planning, Research and Statistics Department on or before end of first quarter of the following year.
- Provide administrative, technical and professional support to the Finance and General Purposes Committee (F&GPC).
- Carry out any other assignment as may be directed by the Chairman or the Commission.