MOBILISATION AND DIVERSIFICATION DEPARTMENT
Director: Niyi Kamaru Oyeneyin
The Functions of the Department are:
- Mobilize and create awareness among the three (3) tiers of governments on the need to improve on their Internally Generated Revenue (IGR) through Seminars and Workshops.
- Identify and mobilize Federal Government Agencies that could contribute to the Federation Account through Other Sources of Revenue.
- Undertake regular and effective monitoring of the Government Agencies to diversify their revenue generation base.
- Identify and examine critical issues, operations, practices, potentials and challenges in specific sectors of the economy, such as, Agriculture, Manufacturing, Tourism, etc. for the purpose of the diversification of the revenue base of the country.
- Monitor NIPOST Stamp Duty collections.
- Consider and recommend specific strategic programs to enable the Commission advice all governments on sustainable economic diversification programmes taking into account peculiarities of natural environmental and endowments.
- Identify resources available and advise on the best options for funding the diversification programmes of the economy by all tiers of government.
- Conduct analyses and studies on model and best practices for effective diversification of the economy.
- Liaise with the State Offices Department in carrying out analyses of reports from the Commission’s Zonal/State Offices in respect of Diversification activities.
- Review the Reports and Position Papers of the Commission on the Diversification of the Nigerian Economy to reflect current economic realities.
- Peer review of all diversification initiatives by the three (3) tiers of government arising from reports and position papers of the Commission on diversification of the economy.
- Identify and liaise with institutions (Ministries and Agencies) responsible for economic diversification, such as, Federal Ministry of Agriculture, Federal Ministry of Finance, Federal Ministry of Industry, Trade and investment, Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN), Nigeria Deposit Insurance Corporation (NDIC), Manufacturers Association of Nigeria (MAN), etc.
- Represent the Commission at the Federal Ministry of Finance (FMF), Office of the Accountant-General of the Federation (OAGF), Budget Office of The Federation (BOF) and other relevant Agencies on issues relating to revenue mobilization and diversification activities.
- Provide technical requirements of the Diversification of the Nigerian Economy Committee.
- Create, maintain and up-date a comprehensive data bank for the Commission on the activities of the Department.
- Plan and organize Zonal Advocacy workshops, as well as, sensitization Seminars/Programs on economic diversification for Stakeholders.
- In conjunction with the State Offices Department liaise Zonal/State Offices quarterly for effective monitoring of the revenue from other sources/Other Agencies and Diversification activities.
- Prepare Departmental annual report and submission of same to the Planning, Research and Statistics Department on or before end of first quarter of the following year.
- Organize training programs/needs for the staff of the Department in conjunction with the Administration and Human Resources Department.
- Provide administrative, technical and professional support to the Mobilisation and Diversification Committee (M&DC).
- Any other duties that may be assigned by the Chairman or the Commission.